Daylighting – communal kitchens (multi-residential)

Communal kitchens should be assessed under ‘Non-residential / Communal Occupied Spaces.

Communal kitchens outside of self-contained dwelling units, for example a kitchen within a self-contained student flat shared between several students would be classed as a private kitchen for the purposes of this issue. However, if it was shared between rooms along a communal corridor it would be considered a communal kitchen, and assessed under ‘Non-residential buildings – occupied spaces’.