Where a new standard is being proposed the ASWL should be submitted to BRE for approval in advance of any subsequent assessment certification submission to QA.
When submitting ‘local’ codes and standards to BRE Global for approval, licensed assessors must include the following information:
- BRE Global assessment registration number, name of the assessment and BREEAM scheme.
- A completed copy of the Approved Standards and Weightings List. Please refer to KBCN0910 to determine which version of the ASWL should be used.
- A full reference for each proposed code or standard, including publication dates and version numbers.
- Any relevant comments on the suitability of each proposed code or standard.
- The relevant information from each proposed code or standard in the local language demonstrating that the general principles outlined in ‘BRE G checks on standards’ of the Approved Standards and Weightings List have been met.
- Translation of the relevant information from each proposed code or standard in compliance with the BRE Global translation requirements.
- A letter from the translator confirming that they are an Appropriate Translator, counter-signed by the licensed assessor.
- Any previous communication with BRE Global regarding the nominated codes or standards.
Where a project is using previously approved standards only, the assessor only needs to submit the ASWL to QA and not prior to this for approval.