There are many reasons why organisations wish to achieve the required BREEAM rating:
- BREEAM has a positive influence on the design, construction and management of buildings, demonstrating a good
management approach with efficiency and effectiveness at its heart
- It provides a tool to help design buildings with reduced running costs and improved working and living environments.
- Demonstrates an organisation’s commitment to sustainable building practices and its interest in the local community, staff, patients and the general public
- The BREEAM rating provides a transparent reflection on the performance of the building to denote those buildings that have performed better than the regulatory baseline
- BREEAM addresses a wide-range of environmental and sustainable issues to enable designer, developers and building managers to demonstrate their environmental credentials to clients, planners and other parties.